Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My last post was March 11?

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long since I've posted anything. It's not like I've not had anything to blog about, I've been to flipping busy to post here for all 5 of you to read. So in a nutshell here is what's been going on...

1. 6th period is still 6th period. One kid came in late, put his name on the tardy list and then erased it thinking I would not notice. He got suspended for three days. I changed the seating for the third time since the end of February and it's getting better but still not where I want it to be.

2. The semester is almost over at Nevada State College and I'm working hard to get all my observation hours in as well as the projects etc... And I'm trying to get registered next week for both summer and fall. It looks like I have 6 more classes before I graduate. It's gonna get crazy.

3. I had a student in 4th period ask to get her book from her locker and never come back. She got written up for that one. Hopefully a suspension will follow. (She has quite the file in the Dean's Office) Why students think sub=id10t I'll never know, but by now they should know that I don't play around.

4. I was informed on Tuesday that there are school wide intern tests on percentages, proportions and ratios next week. So instead of going into decimals, we're skipping ahead three chapters (that's how far behind my students are) to study those concepts and then going back to decimals. Should be LOADS of fun.

5. Today was wacky, even for middle school kids. My comatose class (1st period) was chatty, my chatty 4th period class was a bunch of zombies (didn't go over well with me) and 6th period was almost an actual class instead of controlled chaos. Go figure.

6. 1st and 2nd period are now a section behind everyone else. They just don't get the concept I'm trying to teach them so tomorrow we'll give it a go for a second time. Still not sure how to approach it tomorrow, hopefully inspiration will strike on the way to school tomorrow morning.

7. My family has way to many flipping birthdays in March. As in 7. I dearly love my little sister but I really wish my niece (who is a total cutie-pie) could have waited until APRIL to give birth.



----------------
Now playing: Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance (Part 2)mp3
via FoxyTunes