Thursday, August 07, 2008

Random Thoughts

First off, my friend Karlana has an interview at a local middle school to teach English for the whole year. It could not have happened to a nicer person and I finally get to pay her back for the jobs she got me by feeding her and her family dinner this weekend. Please stop by her blog and wish her luck, that school will be lucky to have her.

Secondly, I start my orientation on Monday for my internship at the super cool prep school. To say I'm excited would be a massive understatement along the lines of saying there are a couple of neon lights on the Las Vegas Strip. I really really miss teaching. In addition, I finished not only the Grapes of Wrath but The Picture of Dorian Gray, and I really enjoyed both of them. I'm glad I stuck it out with Dorian Gray because it did take a bit to get going and then it was 100 miles an hour until the end of the book. And yes Lady, you did tell me so! So now I've read 16 books with 34 to go. Looks like another trip to the library is in order since I read all those books I bought earlier in the summer and I need to return a few before they're due.

Before I forget, I found a cool new blog/cartoon that I added to my must read list. It's called Diversity Lane and it's quite the read. When you get a chance you need to check it out. Of course if you lean left and have no sense of humor, then you best go elsewhere, consider yourself warned.

Finally, I found it interesting that when local reporter John Ralston called Barak Obama on some of his statements, Barak's first reply was to call him a McCain proxy. Now John is lots of things, but a McCain proxy he is not, he goes after all politicians and cares not for the letter after the name... Watch it here. Barak is in for a rude surprise if he thinks that his stands and statements won't get questioned by the press at some point before the election. Welcome to reality sir, I hope you enjoy your stay.