Monday, June 23, 2008

Bookstore

Since there were no subbing jobs today, I took my daughter to the bookstore and then to the library. I had gotten a $25 gift certificate and we had to return some books so it was a two for one bargain so to speak. I like this bookstore because it has a great selection of books from classics to fiction etc...

So here is what I bought with my $25.00

  1. The Count of Monte Cristo (I'm embarrassed to admit I have not read it yet)
  2. The Grapes of Wrath (have not read it in 20 years)
  3. The Great Gatsby (have not read it in 20 years)
  4. The Picture of Dorian Gray (I'm embarrassed to admit I have not read it yet)
  5. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (I'm embarrassed to admit I have not read it yet)
  6. The Old Man and The Sea (I'm embarrassed to admit I have not read it yet)
  7. The Dragonriders of Pern (have not read it in 15 years)

And I got a book on the Korean War at the library for good measure. I'd list the books my daughter bought and borrowed but your eyes would glaze over and you'd fall asleep in your Cheerios! It does pain me to admit that I had not read so many of those books, especially considering the fact that I'm going to teach English.

It was a well spent morning!



----------------
Now playing: Never Far Behind - Aly & A.J.
via FoxyTunes