Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008 and more

Well,
The two week break is over and a year awaits. Well, the break would be over if I could get a flipping gig, but so far I only have Thursday and Friday filled. The break was nice but it was without pay so our finances are hurting to say the least. It's really going to hurt if I can't find work and fast.

As far as the holidays went, it was very nice. My favorite two gifts were the Regan Dairies and the DVDs Animusic 1 & 2. I'm still reading the book and so war it simply rocks. It's not often you get to see the mind of someone in power, much less the President of the USA. One of the most moving parts is where he's in the hospital after the assassination attempt praying to God to survive when he realizes that he needs to forgive the mixed up young man who shot him. That alone was worth the price of admission. It showed me where his heart really was. If you like politics at all, get a copy of this book. Regan was the only president who kept a daily dairy of his time in the White House and it's a fascinating read.

I'm not much for plugging products but if you have a good TV and surrond sound system, you have to get Animusic 1 & 2. I just have a regular 27" TV with the stereo speakers hooked up and it rocks, so it's that much better on a HDTV etc... You can view clips and even download two of the pieces to view on your computer. It was worth the $30 to get, kids will also like it and I'm going to use it when I get my own English class to do a compare and contrast essay with.