Saturday, January 31, 2009

If a picture is worth a 1000 words....




Then this video will tell you all you need to know about how my week went. I got observed this week and I didn't tell the students I was going to have a visitor so my professor got to see my students as they really are. My cooperating teacher was out for three days and didn't give me any lesson plans so I was making up as I went along, which got me into more trouble with the professor.
It was so bad that I really started to wonder why the **** I became a teacher in the first place and I said as much to my principal who promptly scheduled a meeting with me to help me out. He wants me to spend some time observing other classrooms to see how they handle things and he is going to sit in a couple of my math classes (I teach math and English) to send a message about how they should behave. He also gave me some ideas to make the classes more fun. We'll see how this week goes...