Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm not that sub...

I'm not the sub who does not follow through on their threats. I'm not the sub who won't go to the dean's office to make sure the student actually made it to that location and turned in the referral form. I'm not the dean who will double check a kids name who didn't return from an unnecessary trip to the dean's office. At some point you'd think the kids would figure that out...

So during third period a student says he needs a pass to go to the dean's office. Now this happens from time to time and I write the pass and off he goes. About 15 minutes later the intercom goes off and the voice on the speaker says that the student is returning because the trip was unnecessary. Funny thing is he never makes it back. Now I don't catch the student's name so during my prep I walk down to find out who the kid is. When I tell them why I'm there and that he never returned, I get a referral form handed to me which I gladly fill out.

During 6th period despite my warnings and the story about the dork in 3rd period another kid decides that I'm a paper tiger and gets written up. He not only takes 10 minutes for a two minute trip, he returned to class before he went to the dean's and never handed in the referral form I sent with him. So I fill out another referral after school and the dean's secretary makes a point of writing that he never brought the first form...

Dork.