Thursday, April 12, 2007

Imus... my radio show!

Yea, I'm sure he misses his show. CBS decided to kick Imus to the curb after his infamous 'nappy headed hos' comment he made regarding the Rutgers' Women's Basketball team. Honestly I'm of two minds on this one. I don't like the fact that Imus got canned because of the two Pharisees Jackson and Sharpton, but I do think he deserved at least the suspension. Going after whole groups or famous people is one thing, but to personalize an attack on a bunch of student athletes was so wrong it's stunning. The other thing is that it puts us on a slippery slope of censorship where just a couple of people have the power to censor speech they don't like. Imus used satire and mean humor on his show and no I never listened to him or found him interesting. I didn't even know he was still on the air until this hit. In a free country people are going to say unpopular, bigoted, stupid things. They need to able to say them, BUT we need to be able to not listen, not buy products that are on those shows etc. The good news is that we are again talking about race and the two Pharisees are getting exposed again for the frauds they are. They don't speak for black America, hell they only care about their money and power and how to increase both, who they hurt in the process well they don't care...